TC’s 2016 Annual Report: Check Your Inbox on Feb. 8th
The 2016 Teachers College Annual Report, “It Takes All Kinds: Educating for Citizenship,” will be launched on February 8th. The focus: What it takes to reinstate mutual respect, tolerance and appreciation as core societal values and prepare young people as capable decision-makers and participants in our democracy.
In the spirit of the College's historic Campaign, Where the Future Comes First, the 2016 Annual Report is designed as an interactive, web-based micro-site aimed at welcoming readers to the global TC conversation. So, yes – it's beautiful, totally cool, and saves trees and money. But the Report also includes links to relevant videos, articles and other sites; a password protected, searchable Honor Roll of Donors; the opportunity to learn more about key TC departments and programs; and a section on alumni engagement with links to social media channels.
More specifically, the 2016 TC Annual Report will feature:
- TC President Susan Fuhrman on our era's urgent need to revisit civic education – and how TC is leading the charge;
- The year in review for TC's key offices and 10 academic departments;
- A report the Campaign, and why you should make this your TC moment;
- The stories of nine TC citizen-philanthropists who are supporting our top priority of student scholarship. (For a sneak preview, check out our profiles of TC alumni and supporters Anne Gayles-Felton and Evalyn Edwards Milman);
- and a rundown of alumni and other TC people in the news.
So keep your eye on this space and remember to check your inbox on Feb. 8th, because this year, we're really bringing TC to you.
Published Friday, Jan 27, 2017